8.06.2010

Star Wars and Hardcores

Hello again, I've been quite busy lately.  Here is a tentative (I say "tentative" because it hasn't received the official "OK" from the band yet) cover for a 7inch EP by the band Heartless from Pittsburgh. They play some super heavy hardcore, and I was definitely excited to work with them, especially when they told me I could just do whatever I wanted.


I'd been looking to put some collage into my work portfolio, as I've been playing with it as a sketching method for a while now. A punk/hardcore EP seemed like the perfect avenue to break that out. We'll see what the band thinks (an updated version may soon follow.)

This summer I've been working at school almost every weekday.  Recently I was given the task of doing several illustrations for a training book for next year's RA staff.  The theme is Star Wars!  For the sake of ending on some words of wisdom (and for the sake of saving some updates for later in the week,) I'll just post one of the little spot illustrations, to be placed creatively somewhere among the text:

No comments:

Post a Comment