8.11.2010

Star Wars? You want some mores.

     So, as I mentioned in a previous entry, I've been doing a lot of Star Wars drawings lately.  The following illustrations were produced for an RA training handbook for this year's RAs at MICA.  I was really excited about the whole Star Wars theme, so I took advantage of having some extra time, and I ended up being able to make the drawings pretty detailed.

Each is the header page for a different section of the book.  Some of the terminology may be strange to outsiders, but the RAs will get it.

      Hilariously adding the names of the actual Residence Life staff to their respective Star Wars counterpart. Scott Stone, Director, is George Lucas, birthing his employees from his powerful brain (read: neck.)






And last, but not least, (actually, probably my favorite drawing of all) here is a little spot illustration of a motivational Ewok.


      Today I'll be hanging some artwork at the Charm City Art Space!  This will be the first show at the new Space, so I'm definitely excited to show some stuff. The show, curated by the lovely and talented Veronika Volkov, is called "Front Porch Stories." I plan to throw some Star Wars drawings in there, along with some other new pieces. The show opens tomorrow, August 12th!  Stop by CCAS within the next month to catch it.  Or just kill two (sick sick) birds with one stone, and go to one of the many awesome shows happening there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment